First, the whole issue was started because Weston has to become a Foundation Trust, and Foundation Trusts are supposed to make the local hospital responsive to the needs of the local population. Therefore we are in an immensely powerful moral position.
Second, the scandal of Kathy Headdon's conflict of interest places the committees on their back foot. It can only be a matter of time before she resigns. The longer she hangs on, the bigger the noise when she falls.
So - be ready to join.
Here's what you can do:
- Join the email list. Just email email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org and we will keep you in touch with what's going on.
- Distribute leaflets. We will be printing some soon, but in the meantime, you can print a few of your own off from here for distribution to friends, family and neighbours.
- Write to your councillor. You can find their addresses here.
- Write to your MP. There is a letter here that you can use, but try to change the wording and especially try to put a comment and question of your own to the MP. John Penrose is a Conservative, but he is not a bad man, and has campaigned for the NHS in the locality, but it is going to take a lot of pressure to make him change.
We will be organising a lobby or two at his surgery in the future. Please join in when this is organised.
- There will be a petition organised in the future
- Look out for the public meeting in Weston in coming months.