Part 2 of our series on cabinet members' financial links with the Health Care Industry:
George Osborne the Chancellor.
invited Lord Nash, chairman of Care UK (interested in WGH) and founder
of Sovereign Capital, which runs a string of private Health Care firms,
to join his HM Treasury Independent Challenge Group, whose remit is to “question the unquestionable” in the Treasury's austerity drive.
is a friend of Geoff Bridges, who lobbies for Quiller which lobbies for
Capita (interested in WGH). Quiller is owned by Huntsworth, a
healthcare communications group.
Osborne received help
in develping policy from Boston Consulting Group who work extensively in
healthcare. Three other firms with healthcare connections have advised
Osborne with policy development.
Sources and links for this information can be found on the excellent Social Investigatons blog.
- The Weston Hospital Situation in a Nutshell
- The Campaign's Mission Statement
- WGH's Financial Background and bed ratio
- Why should we oppose privatisation?
- But the Committees don’t object. Surely they know better than us?
- Links to important pages here and elsewhere
- Who Does What - the Committees Involved with the Weston Hospital Decision
- What You Can Do to Help
- Upcoming Events
- Correspondence with John Penrose MP
- About the five Private Health Corporations who are interested